SUSTAINABILITY PROMISE

In everything we do at the Riders Hotel to make your stay a pleasant one, we never lose sight of nature. We do our best to adopt a gentle, respectful approach to nature. Our strategy is REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE.

  • Maximum energy efficiency
  • 100% renewable energy
  • Zero waste
  • Ethics and transparency in relation to food and purchasing
  • Nature conservation
  • Social responsibility

Vertical photovoltaic system

We produce 22% of our electricity needs with the solar power system on the roof. We obtain the remaining 78% from Swiss hydropower.

Advantages of vertical PV modules on flat roofs:

The surface of the PV modules can be used on both sides (bifacial cells)
The PV modules do not pollute – or at least considerably less
The PV modules are not covered by snow during snowfall
The combination with a “green roof” can easily be implemented
The reflection of the snow/soil can lead to an increase in yields
The modules are heated less and therefore produce a higher energy yield

DONATION TO THE GREENSTYLE FOUNDATION

The Riders Hotel automatically charges CHF 1 per night of accommodation, which goes to the Greenstyle Foundation. The Greenstyle Foundation is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the development and protection of the environment.

It is a cooperation between the Weisse Arena Group and dedicated people and businesses from the holiday destination of the Flims, Laax and Falera region.

For more information, visit Greenstyle Foundation

Please let us know if you do not wish to participate in this donation programme.

CLIMB AID

The Riders Club opened its doors once again in the 2017/2018 winter season. However, not for itself this time, but to support the ClimbAID project, with all the admission proceeds and tips from employees going to the project.

ClimbAID is an aid organisation which cares for young refugees in Lebanon, which drives through the refugee camps with its mobile ROLLING ROCK and brings some fun and sports to the gloomy everyday lives of the refugees in the camps.

In total, CHF 11,500 was raised and donated in full.

KITRO FOOD WASTE

The Kitro Food Waste programme was developed with the goal of assessing the quantity of discarded food in restaurants and optimising how food is handled. This enables quantities to be adjusted and purchases and production volumes to be reduced, which then results in the reduction of emissions. But most importantly, the food ends up on plates and not in rubbish bins.